December is Australian Sangria Day, and combines the deliciously citrusy sweetness of lemons, limes and oranges with peaches and strawberries we invite you to try our recipes to celebrate this summer. We feature the Summer Sangria cocktail and a refreshingly fruity Sangria inspired mocktail. For our spirited Hepburn women, try your own experiment with our spiced Cranberry Vodka recipe.
We have also included a selection of festive canapes to wow your cocktail party guests...
This article featured in our Festive Season Edition November 2021 Issue 6.
Subscribe to continue reading this article.
Virgin Apple Sangria
A refreshing sangria inspired mocktail, perfect for those hot summer days.
- 1 Large pitcher
- 1 lemon thinly sliced, with peel on
- 1/2 lime thinly sliced, with peel on
- 1 orange thinly sliced, with peel on
- 1 apple sliced in 8ths, with peel on
- 1 cup strawberries hulled, and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup apple juice or preferred juice
- Combine the fruit and water in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight preferably, to allow for flavours to combine.
- Prior to serving, add sparking water and stir.